- ABOUT US
- FIND A FRIEND OR FAMILY'S WISHLIST
- FEATURED BOOKS
- BROWSE BOOKS
You are hereBack to top
Easy Vietnamese: Learn to Speak Vietnamese Quickly! [With CDROM] (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Concise and user-friendly, Easy Vietnamese is designed for anyone who wants to learn Vietnamese--whether on their own or with a teacher. This language learning book introduces the learner to all the basics of the Vietnamese language and teaches practical daily conversations and vocabulary. It enables users to begin communicating effectively from the very first day, and its compact size makes it a great tool for travelers or business people looking to learn Vietnamese on the road without giving up on any content. This Vietnamese language learning book includes:
- Useful notes on Vietnamese script, pronunciation, sentence structure, vocabulary, and grammar
- Sections covering greetings, requests, idiomatic expressions and common situations
- Cultural information about Vietnamese etiquette as well as do's and don'ts
- A glossary of the most commonly-used Vietnamese words and phrases
- An enclosed CD-ROM with many hours of native-speaker recordings of the dialogues, vocabulary and exercises.
About the Author
Bac Hoai Tran holds an M.A. in English with a concentration in linguistics. He has been a lecturer at UC Berkeley since 1992 and is the author of Conversational Vietnamese and Anh Ngu Bao Chi (Newspaper English). He has translated many Vietnamese short stories that have appeared in The Stars, The Earth, The River as well as other anthologies. He is the author of Survival Vietnamese and coauthor of Colloquial Vietnamese and Living with English.