- ABOUT US
- FIND A FRIEND OR FAMILY'S WISHLIST
- FEATURED BOOKS
- BROWSE BOOKS
You are hereBack to top
Strange Science (Strange Series) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
It's scientifically proven: this book is full of seriously strange stuff!
This amazing volume from the Bathroom Readers' Institute contains the strangest short science articles from dozens of Bathroom Readers—along with 50 all-new pages. From the oddest theories to the most astounding discoveries to the biggest blunders, Strange Science has all the facts your professors didn't teach you, but should have. It's packed with earth-shattering eurekas, outlandish inventions, silly "scientific" studies, and the stories behind the weirdos who made it all happen. Put on your lab coat and get ready to discover...
- The freakiest franken-foods scientists have created
- Bad movie science: when Hollywood gets it wrong
- One dentist's quest to clone John Lennon
- Unbelievable inventions, such as the Bird Trap and Cat Feeder...for people who really hate birds
- How scientists have solved some of history's most stupefying mysteries
- Schrodinger simplified: What's up with the cat in the box?
- Real-life time travelers (or so they claim)
- Everyday products made with radium...until people started dying
- How to hypnotize a chicken
- The seven-year-long study that found earthquakes are not caused by catfish waving their tails...and other breakthrough findings
And much, much more!
About the Author
Portable Press is a tight-knit group of writers, researchers, and editors who are responsible for some of the publishing industry’s most popular non-fiction trivia and facts books. Aside from creating the fan-favorite Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader series (more than 16 million books in print since 1988), the Portable Press team also specializes in regional and kids’ titles, plus gift books, activity books, and whatever else strikes their fancy.