You are hereBack to top
Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch: True to the Heart (Paperback)
Updated and Revised 2nd Edition
Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch is a delightful mixture of academia and accessibility; a book that explores Witchcraft in Ireland: how it was, is, and will be. It succeeds where many books have failed - fulfilling the longing for real Irish Witchcraft, while crafting the delicate balance between learning from the past and weaving a modern system based on truth and respect. Lora O'Brien is an Irish Drao (user of magic) working closely with her heritage and her native land, providing a contemporary guide to genuine practice.
Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch explores the past:
- -- Providing an investigation of the Witches' place in Irish mythology.
- -- Looking at Witchcraft and magic by examining the customs connected with the Sidhe (the Irish Fairies).
- -- Examining historical evidence of the Witch trials that swept across the island of Ireland through the ages.
And the present and beyond by:
- -- Working with Irish Gods and Goddesses, landscapes, and energies.
- -- Examining the wheel of the year, with its festivals, cycles, and seasons of Irish culture.
- -- Looking at ritual progression through a Witch's life: magical training, physical growth.
- -- Providing alternatives to the traditional stages of a child's life in modern Irish culture.
When it was released in 2004, this was the first traditionally published Pagan book ever written by an Irish author. It was the book that this author had sought, for over a decade previously... The 2nd edition of this book continues to do now what it did for so many on first publication - it bridges the gap between 'Celtic' NeoPagan nonsense, and authentic Irish Pagan Practice.